DIY Grant Eligibility
The 2016 application period for the Allen Distinguished Educator DIY Guide grants is now open!
We are taking applications from July 20 - September 5 at 11:59 PM PT.
The purpose of the DIY Guide grants is to help us enhance the replicability of the DIY Guides as well as their adaptability to a range of school types, locations, and grade levels. Toward that end we are looking for teachers who work in school environments different from those of the ADEs who created them.
- Candidates must have completed at least one year of teaching experience in K-12 schools at the time of application
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States
- Limit one application per person
- Grants are included as taxable income on the recipient’s tax return
- Vulcan Inc. will issue a 1099 to each grantee
- The grant includes money for project materials and $200 for providing feedback to the ADE program.
- The maximum grant amount is capped at $1000.